Information We Collect
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide to us directly
- Your username, password, email address, date of birth and phone number when you register for eBodyGuard.
- It might also include locations, information about emergencies and incidents and contact details of your friends, family and BodyGuards.
- Communications between you and eBodyGuard. For example we may send you service related emails (e.g. account verification, changes/updates to features, technical and security notices). Note you may not opt out of service related emails.
Information you provide when using the app
When you use eBodyGuard, certain information will be automatically collected, such as your device type and Internet Protocol address, your operating system, the browser type, the address of a referring web site, your activity on the Site, and device ID for your mobile device. We also may collect information about your use and activity on the Site and through the App. We treat this information as personal information if we combine it with or link it to any of the identifying information mentioned above. Otherwise, it is used in the aggregate only.
eBodyGuard does not require health information. To the extent that you directly or indirectly provide us with information which is deemed to be health information or another special category of information, by using our App you are authorizing us to share it with emergency responders. If you do not wish for us to have access to your health information, do not provide it.
How We Use the Information We Collect
Provide and Maintain the App
We will use information we collect to:
- Respond to your emails, questions, inquiries, comments, requests, and complaints in providing customer service;
- Send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages, to detect and prevent fraud, and to otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, the Site and the App;
- Notify you about important changes to our Site and the App; and
- Fulfill any other purpose to provide the App.
Use of the App may necessitate our sharing information with relevant third parties. We may share information:
- You direct us to disclose to others;
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who are engaged by or working with us in connection with the operation of the App we provide and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us;
- With law enforcement, when you give us your consent to do so, in connection with an investigation;
- With others if we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or legal processes or respond to lawful requests or legal authorities, including responding to lawful subpoenas, warrants, or court orders;
- With others if we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of eBodyGuard, our users, our employees, copyright owners, third parties or the public, including without limitation to protect eBodyGuard or our users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate, or unlawful use of our Site and the App; and
Nothing herein restricts the sharing of aggregated or anonymized information, which may be shared with third parties without your consent. This can include a device ID and/or usage information that is not connected to personal information. This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate information.
Improvise, Personalize, and Develop the App
We use disaggregated information we collect to improve the App and Site to:
- Troubleshoot and protect against errors;
- Develop new features
- Conduct research;
- Personalize and improve the App and users’ experiences, to increase the functionality and user friendliness of the App;
- Monitor and analyze App usage and trends and otherwise measure the effective ness of the App; and
- Perform data analysis and testing;
Links to Other Websites
Steps We Take to Protect You Information
Protection of your information is a priority at eBodyGuard and we take a range of methods to help protect it. Despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. To protect the confidentiality of information maintained in your account, please keep your password confidential and do not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of the App by any person using your password. eBodyGuard does not assume any responsibility for the unauthorized use or access to your information under our control. If you think your password or account has been misused, please advise us immediately at email@example.com.
You may “opt out” of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
Persons under the age of 13, or any higher minimum age in the jurisdiction where that person resides, are not permitted to create accounts unless their parent has consented in accordance with
applicable law. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under the relevant minimum age without parental consent, we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. Parents who believe that their child has submitted personal information to us and would like to have it deleted may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nothing herein restricts the sharing of aggregated information with law enforcement which allows them to meet their obligations under The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1990 or Clery Act.
We reserve the right to change the provisions of this Policy at any time. We encourage you to review this Policy from time to time to make sure that you understand how any information you provide will be used. Your continued use of the App following the posting of changes to these terms will mean you accept those changes.
eBodyGuard will protect your privacy as required by state and federal laws
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com